February 15, 2012

Chocolate Covered Bacon

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! I made my Valentine a few surprise sweet treats I found on Pinterest. Chocolate Covered Bacon and Oreo Truffle Balls! About a year ago we were at The Fresh Market and saw Vosges bacon chocolate bar which we bought (unfortunately it was $7 for a smaller bar). So that is what inspired me to find a recipe for chocolate covered bacon.  I have found so many great recipes on Pinterest I am glad I tried a few. It turned out good, and next time I would make the chocolate a little bit thinner.


I cooked some very thick cut bacon in the oven for around 25 minutes on 400 then patted dry. I wanted the bacon to be very firm and stiff. I then dipped in semi sweet chocolate and I drizzled some white chocolate over some and put sea salt on a few pieces as well. 


My husband surprised me this Twist n Sparkle a smaller version of the make your own sparkling water at home. I love LaCroix waters, Izze drinks, Hint sparkling water so I am excited now I can make my own flavor combos at home.


3 comments :

  1. Those oreo truffles look delish! And I want that Twist n Sparkle now too! I'm drinking some sparkling water right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the Twist n Sparkle! I drink only sparkling water! Chocolate covered bacon sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this sounds amazing! Nothing better than sweet and salty!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS